March 24, 2014

Another Great Week!

This week has yet again been fantastic! But of course, when you serve here it always is :)

 Mon we had a fun saint patty’s day, we played murder in the dark with a bunch of other missionaries. I also got a haircut!  It’s not too different, just layers... and I’m getting highlights today... so I’ll send a picture next week :) we've had some really great lessons this week as well.

We were hoping to put J* on date, but his mom won't let him get baptized quite yet. He’s so ready, but being a 13 year old boy, he going to act up sometimes. He's going to do better.

Wed morning we had a New Missionary Training, where mostly they did a training on how to use the pamphlets some and it was great to see missionary friends! Sister Hornburger and her trainees were there so I told them to tell everyone in my area hi for me and that I love them :) There was something in my last area that was an issue, don't know all the issues, but Sis* was Emergency Transferred to Layton, so I hope she is doing well :) but I trust that everything in my last area is doing well. I trust that the Lord will take care of my people.

We had dinner with the Pearson’s this week as well which was fun. M* is doing well and his mom, M*, is a new ward missionary so she gave us rides on wed night. The T* family is great! :)

Aaand I was asked to do a piano/violin duet with Elder Baier (the DL's companion) and we are practicing and playing that on wed this week, which is Zone Conference... should be great! It’s sounding good so far... I think... :P

We visited with T*, and her daughter and son were there, and they are both prepping for missions, its awesome! T* just counted as reactivated yesterday, so it rocks! She had just been missing church because she is going through chemo and radiation for cancer... but she is the most awesome lady ever!

We went visiting some people on Saturday with the chamberlains (WML and his wife) because there are new houses being built and they don't know who lives there :0

Yesterday was a busy Sunday, as always. We both gave 20 minute talks. Sister Latham’s was on Service and mine was on Obedience. I think they went really well, Brother van komen said he recorded it, but hopefully it "accidentally" gets deleted :P haha AND in the middle of one of the sacrament meetings the fire alarm went off. THATS A FIRST! They were able to turn the sound off but for the whole rest of the meeting and after church the lights were flashing. It was quite funny, good story. At least it didn't happen during my talk! Also, I got letters from the YW! It was so great, it made me SOOOOO HAPPY! :D keep it up, it made my week!

Love you and talk to you next week! Keep the faith ♥
Sister Johnson

p.s. sorry for the short letter, busy day ahead of us, but loves yous! :P


No comments:

Post a Comment