we all expect to have those crazy weeks in the transfer, but even though there was lots of crazyness there was still plenty of good :)
sorry it will probably be a bit shorter this week though...
We had a leadership meeting (again) this week and it was cool to hear new ideas for missionary work, more on how to help those we teach!
we also had to go up to bountiful a few times to pick up medicine for sisters. and we found out that sis pilling had bronchitis for a week! its been two now, she's slowly getting over it.
we went on two exchanges this week, and both times i got to be on bike, which was lots of fun! hard work, bruises, and hot days, but a blast nonetheless! :)
This week was one of the first times i've had to do the hard STL stuff. there were two scenarios: one set of sisters got in a huge fight (while i was gone on exchanges) and we helped mediate a conversation later that night. it was tough because you can see both sides and i dont know... just rough! but i could feel God’s desire for them to resolve their issue and could feel the atonement working and Christ’s love for them :)
the other situation was slightly more of a chastisement- by that i mean that we had to remind of standards- which is hard for me because i don't like being very forward, or telling people that what they are doing is wrong, especially when they don't think they are or don't see the importance.
Being in leadership, people will label or assume things a lot, and it can be hurtful, but i know that i'm trying to do what GOD wants me to do and what President wants me to do as well. I just need to represent them both well and be obedient, loving, and faithful.
I got to do a training in District Meeting this week on...drumroll please... Lock Your Heart! its a talk that was given to missionaries and we were told to read it mission wide. no one was assuming anything was happening, but when you read the talk it just teaches that you need to actively make the decision to lock your heart and that it ALL starts with the little things... so be exactly obedient, follow all the rules, and stay with your companion! :) haha but it was a good discussion and the spirit was definitely there.
we were on exchanges on Saturday and it was really cool because i got to be with Sister Bennett all day! its so cool to see how far along she has come and how great of a missionary she is. she was a great sister before, but she's even better now! :) we made an apple pie for a member family that they had to cancel on (member visits) to continue to build trust... and it looked BEAUTIFUL!!! O.o ooohhh...i really wanted to eat it... :P hahaha
its just been a rough week personally and as a leader because we do have to deal with a lot of little things here and there and help missionaries... we definitely don't get enough sleep! :P haha
Hope everyone has a fantastic week, challenge: read and study the section in PMG about faith in ch 6 and read the bible dictionary definition of faith and tell me what you think! :) love you all and Keep The FAITH!!! :)
♥SISTER JOHNSON :D
Answers to some of Mom’s questions…
- Is being an STL like being a mom?
- haha ya its a little like being a mom...i now have a better understanding of what it feels like when trust is broken, glad i didn't do it too often :) but sorry that i did...
- What else are you up to?
- ya, we're house sitting for two weeks. they are literally 2-3 times the size of our cats...fat wise... HUGE FAT CATS!! :P haha Bones and Weasel.
- Tell us a little bit more about your companion.
- ok. Sister Pilling has been out a year, she is from canada (London Ontario), she does track (throwing) for college (if you google jessica pilling you can find pics of her throwing hammerthrow!) she is awesome and legit :)
- Can we call your companion “Thor” since she throws hammer?
- Yes… she said you could! LOL!
- Who else do you live with?
- we live with sis tranchina from spain and pearson from ohio. they are serving in Liberty and are STL's as well, we dont see them a lot but they are both super sweet... sis pearson was trained by sis taylor too :)
- What is your geographic area?
- Our STL area covers all of Rose park-1700 N to 200 S and 5600 W to 400S, about... i'm still terrible with directions, getting better! :)